Aug 12, 2017

Our Wedding: Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner

Sorry for the delay in getting these posts up and running!  They are all written, but I still needed to add photos and last week just got away from me! From now on, they'll post every day or two until our anniversary!

We left off when Abbie and I returned from Staples and started our mad dash to get ready for the rehearsal. As I was getting ready for the dinner in my mom’s bathroom, I suddenly realized that I forgot to wrap all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts!  I freaked out but my Aunt Laurie came to the rescue – she dashed to the Dollar Tree and bought some cute bags and took care of everything - thank goodness for her! I had intended to write cute, individualized thank you notes, but that definitely didn’t happen.  Bill ended up writing his though!  More on their gifts later.

Because our wedding was on a Sunday (of Labor Day weekend), the venue was being used on Saturday night, which means that we couldn’t have the rehearsal there.  We scrambled to find a space and ending up being able to use my dad’s church.  They have a big open room that worked.  We arrived to find that it was not air conditioned and it was stifling!  It was about 90 degrees that day and bright sun, so it was hot hot hot.  We set up some fans and dealt with it! I was pretty nervous and the heat didn’t help, but it did ensure that we got through everything quickly.

It was when I arrived at the rehearsal that everything started feeling REALLY real!  Seeing all the bridesmaids and groomsmen lined up with Kazy (our minister) at the front was wild.  Since we weren’t at the venue, she had to create a visual for everyone of what the venue would look like and where the doors would be – I think she did a pretty decent job.  We had to decide who walked with who – I had made notes on this and had gone over it time and time again but somehow ended up messing it up while we were there, but I fixed it!  It was so fun choosing who walked with who! We went through the whole thing 2 or 3 times and then it was off to dinner!

(All photos of rehearsal courtesy of my dad!  The one photo from dinner is from Amy)

A note: I absolutely loved the dress that I wore that evening!  I found it on sale at Macy’s in their “last act” section.  It’s by Ralph Lauren and was really on sale (like down to $50 from $250+).  It was a size or 2 too big.  Mom was going to take it in, but later realized it would be too difficult with all of the sequins so I decided to just wear it as is and I think it turned out ok.  I forgot to bring shoes so ended up wearing ones that were laying around the house – I can’t remember whose they were! Come to think of it, they  may have been my old prom shoes, haha.

Dinner was at La Piazza in Troy, which is an Italian restaurant.  Bill and I chose 3 options for everyone to choose from and I made this little “e-vite” that I emailed to everyone attending the dinner and they replied with their choices:

I personally chose spaghetti with marinara and it was delicious.  The meals were served with choices of salad and bread. At the restaurant, we had a whole room just for us. It was so fun to look around and see all of our closest family and friends in one place! We invited not only those with roles in the wedding, but also their significant others. I’m really glad that we were able to find a place in our budget that allowed us to do that.  I think it made it a better experience for everyone.  Bill’s parents graciously paid for the dinner.  His mom was still not feeling well, so only his dad was present, but we took a moment to thank them and then we thanked everyone for being a part of our wedding and handed out the gifts.  I was actually really nervous for some reason to talk in front of everyone, so I made Bill do it.
Thanking everyone!

In the middle of dinner, I realized in horror that I had never ordered Subway for the bridal party to eat the next day while we were getting ready so Kyle and I dashed outside to order it.  Whew!

Dinner seemed to take a long time, but everyone was enjoying themselves.  I later found out that my mom fell asleep in the middle of dinner while she was literally talking to someone.  Isn’t that hilarious?

The day of our dinner also happened to be my bridesmaid Hannah’s 30th birthday.  I felt horrible that she had to spend it that way, but she didn’t mind! When we arrived at the rehearsal, I had Kyle surprise her with champagne and balloons.  The balloons were awesome because they accidentally kept popping and they were filled with confetti so it was a beautiful explosion! That wasn’t the only surprise I had for her, though.  In the weeks before the wedding, I had gathered videos from her closest friends and family wishing her a happy 30th.  I had intended to put them all in a slide show and present it, but I ran out of time, so I just showed her on my phone (on the sidewalk lol) after dinner and she loved it soooo much.  She couldn’t stop crying happy tears, so I was pretty glad I did that!

I had to add that heart bc my cousin was making a creepy murderous face!

After dinner, we spent the night finishing up some last-minute tasks like finishing placecards and a final dress fitting so mom could attach the bustle loops.  I hung out with everyone a bit and then went to bed.  Our original plan was to spend the night before the wedding apart and then not see each other until the wedding, but come nighttime, we were just exhausted and wanted to be together.  We also figured we’d lived together for six years, so what was one more night?!  It was very hard to fall asleep with thoughts of the next day running through my head but somehow I eventually did!

Coming next: getting ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candy Rain Theme 2017
By Cherry Templates.
Candy Rain